Codes and Certifications
For over 103 years, Haws has been committed to bringing the highest quality water delivery and emergency equipment products to a wide variety of markets.
American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
ANSI has served in its capacity as administrator and coordinator of the United States private sector voluntary standardization system for 80 years. Founded in 1918, the Institute is a private, nonprofit membership organization supported by a diverse constituency of private and public sector organizations.
ANSI Z358.1 - 2009 Emergency Eyewash and Shower Equipment
- Established detailed minimum performance requirements.
- Intended to provide uniform minimum requirements for equipment performance, installation, test procedures, maintenance and training.
- CSA has certified that Haws Emergency Equipment products meet ANSI Z358.1 - 2009.
ANSI Z535.1 - 1991
- Safety color code for marking physical hazards.
- Best feasible color discrimination for observers of both normal and color-deficient vision.
- Decrease in personal injuries as great as 40% has followed the use of a uniform color program.
Color for the identification of safety, emergency egress, location of first aid and safety equipment.
Color for the identification of caution, physical hazard, containers, corrosives, etc.
Haws emergency equipment products are built to comply with the ANSI Standard Z358.1 for Emergency Equipment and related products and the ANSI Standard Z535.1 for Safety color.
ANSI A117.1 - 1992
- This standard provides for accessibility and usability for physically handicapped people.
- More extensive, descriptive, comprehensive and understandable than the current ADA guidelines.
- Contains operational and dimensional criteria.
Haws manufactures products to enable the owner to comply with ANSI A117.1-1992.